our vision, mission, and objectives
La Fab is a non-profit solidarity cooperative.
To be recognized as a viable and dynamic artists’ co-operative serving as a catalyst for the cultural development of the MRC des Collines-de-l’Outaouais
To provide artists and artisans with a place to create and exhibit their work; to serve as a platform for raising public awareness of the arts, culture and heritage; and to be a centre for the community’s artistic education and development.
Contribute to the development of the arts in the MRC des Collines-de-l’Outaouais by managing an art gallery, a boutique and artists’ studios
Support artists and artisans by giving them a place to express their creativity and showcase their creations
Hold exhibitions, cultural events and creative workshops to raise community awareness of the arts, culture and heritage
Provide educational activities to young people to develop their artistic knowledge and talents
Create partnerships with Chelsea and its surroundings schools, cultural organizations and community groups to stimulate the artistic, cultural and heritage life in the MRC des Collines-de-l’Outaouais
Organize a variety of fundraising events to increase La Fab revenues in order to ensure its economic viability
June 19, 2018 annual general meeting
The thirty or so members present were eager to hear about the Arts Centre's track record. To ensure that things were done properly, La Fab had called on a CDROL officer, Joëlle Ritchie, who led the meeting expertly.
To respect the bilingualism, the acting president, Jovette Champagne, and the board secretary, Katharine Fletcher took turns in their respective languages to report on a year full of challenges and achievements.
Treasurer Danielle Pronovost then presented the financial statements. Conclusion: Our finances are doing well!
Despite several obstacles, La Fab has a good track record rich in artistic activities and innovations, as reflected in the annual report.
Jennifer Bennet then introduced the new operational model that will be tested in 2018.
Jovette Champagne followed by reviewing the work done following the damage to the building and recommended the priorities to be addressed in 2018.
Finally, she gave the floor to Joëlle for the election of new directors.
Before moving to the electoral component, members passed a resolution to reduce the number of people on the board from 9 to 7.
Following the elections (explained below), the new Board is made up of Glen Foster, Nick Barna, Sandrine Kerouault, Danielle Pronovost, Louisette Trottier, Kevin Burke and the Church representative Heath Baxa. The position of worker member remains vacant.
The new Board will meet in July to assign the positions of President, Vice-President and Secretary to the Directors.
Election of the Board of Directors
(4 user members, 2 support members, 1 worker member)
Jovette Champagne (support member)
Katharine Fletcher (user member)
Johanne Sylvestre (user member)
Sophie Guindon (user member)
Alisha O'Reilly (user member)
Jennifer Bennett (user member)
Members remaining on the Board
Danielle Pronovost (support member)
Kevin Burke (user member)
Louisette Trottier (user member)
Newly elected members
Glen Foster (user member)
Nick Barna (user member)
Sandrine Kerouault (support member)
There has been a rectory on our site for a long time. The first rectory was built in the early 1850's and was destroyed in 1890, the existing building was built in 1896 and is the one you see today.
The rectory was home to many priests who served the congregations over the years. Some of the priests who lived here and served the parish were Father Stanton in the 1930's as well as Father Brennan who served for 19 years. Father Mooney (whose sister was the housekeeper) also served for a period in the Parish.
In the back of the rectory there is a stable which housed the three horses which were used by the Priests to get about the parish. Their names, Peggy, Flash and Tammy are still over the stable stalls today.
Next to the rectory there used to be a lovely school for the children of the community who were taught by the Nuns of St. Joseph's Convent whose home was in Pembroke. That school was demolished and replaced by today's MRC des Collines building.
OUR PARTNERS AND DONORS
We wish to thank all our partners and donors for their generous support:
Mr. Gerry Vaive of of Imprimeriedu Progrès
Terra cube of Chelsea
Rona of Chelsea and Plateau
Réno dépôt of Hull
Canadian Tire of Hull
Provigo of Hull
Présence web et marketing
Municipality of Chelsea
CLD of the la MRC des Collines-de-l’Outaouais
Caisse populaire Desjardins
Chelsea-Wakefield Studio Tour
Mr. Yves Lauriault of Lauriault électrique
Mr. André Hamelin of Infopeinture Benjamin Moore
Mr. Michel Richard of Tapis suprême